Saturday, July 17, 2010

Plato and Platypus walk into a bar... (Platon bir gün....)























A very very funny book to read and understand Philosophy through everyday life jokes.. For the people who find Philosophy hard to read in normal text books.. Haven't finished yet,but I'm having great time with it.. Let's have a look at other people's reviews..




This New York Times bestseller is the hilarious philosophy course everyone wishes theyd had in school

Outrageously funny, Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar . . . has been a breakout bestseller ever since authorsand born vaudevilliansThomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein did their schtick on NPRs Weekend Edition. Lively, original, and powerfully informative, Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar . . . is a not-so-reverent crash course through the great philosophical thinkers and traditions, from Existentialism (What do Hegel and Bette Midler have in common?) to Logic (Sherlock Holmes never deduced anything). Philosophy 101 for those who like to take the heavy stuff lightly, this is a joy to readand finally, it all makes sense!

.......

I love this book! I couldn't stop laughing while reading the book and I still can't stop. I (unlike most people) really enjoy philosophy and this book made it even more interesting. I really wish intro philosophy teachers would assign this book for their classes. It would really helps students appreciate philosophy more.
The book is easy to read and most of the jokes are great and really help to bring the philosophical points home. The authors themselves are also funny. I laughed just as much from what the writers said as I did from the jokes throughout the book.
I cannot wait to read the other books in this series and I will definitely recommend this book to all my friends.

No comments: